Like

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

So, its not a smiley face band-aid, but I'll take it;o)

My prayers were answered and my nose is still a nose. I only had to go through the Mohs procedure twice and they went deeper, not wider, so I didn't need a skin graph. They put dissolving stitches on the inside and about 7 stitches on the outside that I will have removed next week. I will have about a 1/2 inch vertical scar and my right nostril will look a little different then the left, but I can totally live with that! I am over the top happy and so glad to have yesterday over with.

Thank you for all the kind words and well wishes. I carried them with me and it kept my spirits up.

Next step... They have scheduled a full body scan for the beginning of February to make sure I don't have it anywhere else. If they don't find anymore, there is a 98% chance that I will be skin cancer free!

No comments:

Post a Comment